Church Search Results
There were 1 items found.
Sheldon Manor Chapel, Chippenham Without
|The chapel at Sheldon is of rubble stone, with stone tiles and it was restored in the 20th century. It is believed to date from c.1450 and the stonework is certainly 15th century, as is the small fragment of stained glass in the east window. The woodwork around the west door is possibly 13th century. The detached chapel was built by the Hungerfords as a place of worship for the family and their servants. Before restoration it was used as a stable for many centuries|