If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham

Built in 1779, replacing a medieval church which stood below the present site. The architect was the renowned John Wood the elder of Bath. It is ashlar faced, having a small west tower with octagonal top and a small dome. There are Venetian windows. The church is associated with Francis Kilvert as his father, Robert, was vicar here. The registers from 1730, other than those in current use, are in the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre in Chippenham.

Church Search Results

There were 6 items found.

Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham
Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham

Image Date: c.1955
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham
Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham

Image Date: c.1905
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham
Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham

Image Date: c.1905
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham
Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham

Image Date: c.1905
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham
Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham

Image Date: c.1905
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham
Church of St. Nicholas, Hardenhuish, Chippenham

Image Date: 2005
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN