If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham

The origins of the church are with the Calvinistic Methodist preachers, who were active in the area from 1742. The first Tabernacle on this site in Emery Lane was built in 1770 and was replaced in 1826 with a new and larger chapel. In the middle of the 19th century a minister's house and a hall were added at the west end and the interior was completely refitted in 1889. It was a Congregational church but became a United Reformed Church in the latter part of the 20th century

Church Search Results

There were 6 items found.

Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham
Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 1982
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham
Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 2007
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham
Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 2007
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham
Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 2007
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham
Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 2007
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham
Tabernacle United Reformed Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 2007
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN