If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Monkton Hill Methodist Church, Chippenham

In 1900 this site was bought and 'cleared and excavated by men of the church 1902-3'. In 1909 the chapel was built to mark the centenary of Methodism in Chippenham. It is in the Classical style and occupies a dominating position overlooking the River Avon. The Methodist church on The Causeway closed in the 1980s and a number of its worshippers moved to Monkton Hill Church, which subsequently was renamed the Central Methodist Church

Church Search Results

There were 4 items found.

Monkton Hill Methodist Church, Chippenham
Monkton Hill Methodist Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 1982
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Monkton Hill Methodist Church, Chippenham
Monkton Hill Methodist Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 2007
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Monkton Hill Methodist Church, Chippenham
Monkton Hill Methodist Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 2007
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Monkton Hill Methodist Church, Chippenham
Monkton Hill Methodist Church, Chippenham

Image Date: 2007
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN