If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Church of St. Philip and St. James, Neston

The eccelsiastical parish of Neston was formed out of the parish of Corsham in the mid 19th century and was funded by Lord Methuen and G. P. Fuller of Neston Park. The church was opened on May 27th 1866 at what was then Corshamside which, with other small communities, became Neston, taking its name from the country seat of Neston Park. The church was designed in the Early English style by J. H. Hakewill and is in stone with stone slates and comprises a nave, chancel and belfry. The parish registers dating from 1868/9, other than those in current use, are held in the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre at Chippenham. Earlier records for this area are in the registers of St. Bartholomew's Church.

Church Search Results

There were 3 items found.

Church of St. Philip and St. James, Neston
Church of St. Philip and St. James, Neston

Image Date: c.1910
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Church of St. Philip and St. James, Neston
Church of St. Philip and St. James, Neston

Image Date: 2002
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Church of St. Philip and St. James, Neston
Church of St. Philip and St. James, Neston

Image Date: 2002
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN