School Search Results
There were 1 items found.
Amesbury - National Infants' School, Amesbury
|This was started in the National School in 1841 with its own schoolroom and teacher's house. There were 64 children attending by 1846. An extra classroom was added in 1858 and attendance in the 1860s averaged between 50 and 60 infants. In 1901 a new National School was built in Back Lane (later School Lane) and the infants moved there. After Wiltshire County Council became the local education authority in the early 20th century the school became Amesbury Infants' School, under which heading further information can be found.|