School Search Results
There were 1 items found.
Tisbury - Cranbourne Chase School, Wardour, Tisbury
|This boarding school for girls had opened in Crichel House in Moor Crichel, Dorset, but had moved to Wardour Castle, built in the Palladian style between 1769 and 1776 by James Paine for the 8th Lord Arundell, in 1960. Additional buildings were erected for the school between 1972 and 1976 and again in 1984. In 1985 there were 130 girls, aged between 11 and 18 years, and 26 teachers at the school. The school closed in 1990 and the castle, with 5 cottages, 6 tennis courts, a swimming pool and a walled garden, was offered for sale at £2.5 million.|
|Cranbourne Chase School, Wardour, Tisbury|
|Image Date: c.1970|
Image Details: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham