If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Timeline for Date 1855

There were 8 items found.


Aldbourne C.1855 Thomas Orchard begins making chairs
Aldbourne 1855 National School opened at Woodsend in a converted cottage also used as a chapel
Calne 1855 Gough's (later Maundrell's) iron foundry and engineering works operating; the Methodist Chapel at Studley is built
Chippenham 1855 The cemetery opens in London Road. Roman Catholic Church built on Station Hill (replaced by present building in 1936)
Cricklade 1855 New Primitive Methodist chapel built on south side of Calcutt Street
Downton 1855 First mention of a post office in Downton.
Ramsbury 1855 Miss Read's School and schoolhouse given to the parish and becomes the Church School for Girls under the management of the vicar and churchwardens
Wootton Bassett 1855 Wesleyan Methodist Chapel is built in the High Street

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN