If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Winterslow Methodist Church

A first Methodist chapel was built on Winterslow Common in 1810 and the subscription and account book for the period 1810 - 1827 survives in Wiltshire and Swindon Archives.

The present chapel dates from 1865-1866 and is part of the Salisbury Wesleyan Methodist Circuit. A book of pew rents is held in Wiltshire and Swindon Archives for the period 1889 - 1930.

In 1983 extensive alterations to the building began, to include a new vestry, a meeting room, cloakroom facilities. A service of rededication and thanksgiving was held on 1st January 1984.

In 1992 a Day Centre opened in the hall and this necessitated the further alteration of heating and kitchen facilities and the construction of a ramp entrance. In 1996 a porch and ramp entrance was added to the exterior of the church itself. In 2002 the roof was retiled and by 2006 all the windows had been replaced.

The refurbishment works were funded by means of grants from the Circuit and by individual grants and donations.

Church Search Results

There were 2 items found.

Winterslow Methodist Church
Winterslow Methodist Church

Image Date: 2008
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Winterslow Methodist Church
Winterslow Methodist Church

Image Date: 2008
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN