Wiltshire Community History
Church Search Results
There were 1 items found.
Methodist Chapel, Winterbourne Dauntsey
A meeting house certificate was applied for in 1710 at the house of John Judd. In 1799 another certificate states that members had 'lately erected a house'. This was built as an Independent meeting-house by the Blatch family. It passed into the possession of the Methodist New Connexion c.1844. The walls are built of cob with flints on brick footings and the roof is half-hipped and covered with thatch. The end entrance, facing the street, is covered by a later porch. Above the porch is a small upper window. The side walls each have three windows, the centre window being the widest. There is one upper window in the rear wall. All the window frames were renewed in the mid 19th century. The interior, which measures 29' by 19', was refitted in the late 19th century. In 1974 this chapel was joined by members from neighbouring Idmiston when it became known as the Bourne Valley United Methodist Free Church.
|Methodist Chapel, Winterbourne Dauntsey|
Image Date: 2008
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre