Wiltshire Community History
Church Search Results
There were 1 items found.
Methodist Chapel, Hurdcott, Winterbourne Earls
A meeting house certificate was applied for in 1795, when Methodists were meeting at the house of George Marshall. They continued to meet in private homes until 1843 when a Wesleyan Methodist chapel was built at Hurdcott. The building was 22' long by 18' wide and cost Â£26 to build, paid for by subscriptions. There were 13 members in the society. The chapel closed in 1967.