Wiltshire Community History
Church Search Results
There were 1 items found.
Methodist Chapel, Winterbourne Gunner
A meeting house certificate was applied for in 1809, when Methodists were meeting at the house of Thomas Tutton. In 1818 a Methodist Chapel and schoolroom was built, the property of Elizabeth Sutton. It remained open for worship until 1968 when dwindling congregations caused it to join with worshippers at neighbouring Idmiston. In 1974 this also closed and the members moved to the chapel at Winterbourne Dauntsey, from when it was known as the Bourne Valley United Methodist Free Church. The chapel building at Winterbourne Gunner is now two houses.