If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Methodist Chapel, Broughton Gifford

In 1705 the house of Joan Gore was licensed as a dissenters' meeting house.
Local Methodists, an off shoot of the Melksham Methodists, had formed a small society by 1826 and a chapel was built in 1828 at a cost of £100. In 1857 they had 5 members, none in 1862 and 6 members in 1886, rising to 12 by 1890.The numbers then continued to expand and in 1907 a new chapel was built. Recently the chapel closed and it has now been converted into a house.

Church Search Results

There were 3 items found.

Methodist Chapel, Broughton Gifford
Methodist Chapel, Broughton Gifford

Image Date: 2009
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Methodist Chapel, Broughton Gifford
Methodist Chapel, Broughton Gifford

Image Date: 2009
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Methodist Chapel, Broughton Gifford
Methodist Chapel, Broughton Gifford

Image Date: 2009
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN