If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Zion Methodist Chapel, Lea

In 1797 (dwelling house of Richard Reeve) and 1802 (dwelling house of Daniel Bidmead, minister) two separate properties were certified for Independent meetings. By 1808 these had become Calvinistic Methodists and built the Zion chapel with Daniel Bidmead as minister. In 1851 on census Sunday 140 people were recorded as attending the evening service. The chapel was rebuilt in a plain style in stone in 1861 and was later used by Congregationalists between 1885 and 1939 and then by Baptists in 1989.

Church Search Results

There were 2 items found.

Zion Methodist Chapel, Lea
Zion Methodist Chapel, Lea

Image Date: 2010
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Zion Methodist Chapel, Lea
Zion Methodist Chapel, Lea

Image Date: 2010
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN