If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleverton

In 1828 a house that was owned and occupied by James Whale was certified for Primitive Methodist meetings while in May 1832 a chapel and premises owned and occupied by Francis Day (of Little Somerford) was licensed. Another license was issued in January 1837 for the chapel and premises 'in the possession, holding and occupation of Francis Day of Cleverton'. A new chapel was built in 1874 of stone and brick.

Church Search Results

There were 4 items found.

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleverton
Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleverton

Image Date: 2010
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleverton
Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleverton

Image Date: 2010
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleverton
Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleverton

Image Date: 2010
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleverton
Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cleverton

Image Date: 2010
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN