If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Heddington

In the 18th century, there were some Methodists living in Heddington. In 1851, a little red-brick Wesleyan chapel was built halfway between Heddington and Heddington Wick. It was used by a mixed congregation as many of Heddington's parishioners attended the evening services there. The Sunday school was equally as popular. The chapel was no longer in use by the mid 20th century and turned into a scout hall in 1962. The building still stands but it is in a derelict state.

Church Search Results

There were 3 items found.

Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Heddington
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Heddington

Image Date: 2012
Image Location: Michael Marshman


Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Heddington
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Heddington

Image Date: 2012
Image Location: Michael Marshman


Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Heddington
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Heddington

Image Date: 2012
Image Location: Michael Marshman


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN