If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Berwick St. John

In March 1846 a house occupied by George Green was granted a certificate for Wesleyan Methodist worship. It stood on the south side of the brook dividing the parishes of Berwick St. John and Donhead St. Andrew. A chapel was built in the village, just south of the main road, in 1875 and continued in use until the mid 20th century. It was closed by 1964.

Church Search Results

There were 3 items found.

Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Berwick St. John
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Berwick St. John

Image Date: 2012
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Berwick St. John
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Berwick St. John

Image Date: 2012
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Berwick St. John
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Berwick St. John

Image Date: 2012
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN