If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Methodist Chapel, Winterbourne Bassett

The return to the Bishop’s Visitation Queries in 1783 stated that there were no Non Conformists in the parish. A house was first licensed for dissenters’ meetings in 1824. In 1864 Primitive Methodists were meeting in a cottage; many members of the congregation also attended the parish church. There were two services each Sunday and one during the week in the 1880s. A small brick chapel, built between 1900 and 1904, fell into disuse in the 1950s and was sold in 1960.

Church Search Results

There were 2 items found.

Methodist Chapel, Winterbourne Bassett
Methodist Chapel, Winterbourne Bassett

Image Date: 2012
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Methodist Chapel, Winterbourne Bassett
Methodist Chapel, Winterbourne Bassett

Image Date: 2012
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN