If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hilcott

In 1824 a house in Hilcott had been registered for Wesleyan Methodist meetings and in 1852 the front part of a dwelling house, occupied by William Spackman, was registered but there is no record of the denomination. In 1855, there was a Primitive Methodist chapel recorded in Hilcott, doubtless in the building abandoned by the Independents. Just under a decade after this (1864) the rector claimed about 40 parishioners attended the chapel. It was closed at some time between 1880 and 1885.

Church Search Results

There were 2 items found.

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hilcott
Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hilcott

Image Date: 2013
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hilcott
Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hilcott

Image Date: 2013
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN