Wiltshire Community History
Church Search Results
There were 1 items found.
Open Christian Brethren, Salisbury
The Open Brethren, a division since 1849 of the Plymouth Brethren, were meeting in an iron mission room in Guilder Lane by 1885. In 1894 they re-opened the old Congregational chapel in Scots Lane as City Hall. This had been purchased by Sir Roger Brown, an elder of the church and a wealthy benefactor. There was accommodation for 250 people and they continued here until 1917, after which they were without a permanent home until 1929. In that year they purchased the Barnard's Cross Gospel Hall, originally erected in 1875-6, which since 1985 has been known as the Barnard Street Church.