If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Nomansland Methodist Church, Redlynch

In 1816 a house and field belonging to Thomas Truckle was licensed for worship, but little more is known of Methodists here until 1846 when Primitive Methodist services were being held. A mud-walled (clay and chopped heather) chapel was built to the north of Chapel Lane and this served until c.1880 when it was replaced by a brick building surrounded by iron railings. In 1901 a new chapel was erected on the top of a low hill, next to the Lamb that had been built in 1881. The Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists amalgamated nationally in 1932 and by 1940 the chapel here had become Nomansland Methodist Church, which name it still retains.

Church Search Results

There were 1 items found.

Nomansland Methodist Church, Redlynch
Nomansland Methodist Church, Redlynch

Image Date: 2004
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN