If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Church of All Saints, Brokerswood, North Bradley

This tin mission church was originally erected at Southwick to replace the iron church there that had been destroyed in a fire in 1897. When a new stone church was built in Southwick in 1905 the tin church was taken down and reassembled at Brokerswood on land given by a Mr Asher of Wimborne. It has a stone and rubble foundation and a raised wooden floor, while the main structure is of wood with galvanised corrugated iron cladding. There is a small vestry annex at the north east corner and a high pitched bell over the main west entrance. There are no mains water, gas or electricity and heating is by portable gas heaters and lighting by oil lamps. The church was restored in the 1990s and is still used for services.

Church Search Results

There were 3 items found.

Church of All Saints, Brokerswood, North Bradley
Church of All Saints, Brokerswood, North Bradley

Image Date: 2004
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Church of All Saints, Brokerswood, North Bradley
Church of All Saints, Brokerswood, North Bradley

Image Date: 2004
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Church of All Saints, Brokerswood, North Bradley
Church of All Saints, Brokerswood, North Bradley

Image Date: 2004
Image Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Chippenham


Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN