If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

United Reform Church, Maiden Bradley

The house of Matthew Morris was licensed for Congregational worship in 1672 but later licenses were for Independent worship. A chapel was built in 1820 and licensed for Independent worship in 1822. It became Congregational and remained so until 1972 when, in common with many other Congregational chapels it became a United Reform church. The chapel is rendered with a Welsh slate roof, and a plain stone Tuscan portico. A schoolroom was added to the eastern end and there is a 20th century lean-to extension. Inside there is a gallery on wooden columns and an organ loft, probably of the late 19th century. The chapel was built to accommodate 150 people.

Church Search Results

There were 1 items found.

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN