Wiltshire Community History
Viewing multimedia and description text
St. John's Chapel School, Winterslow
|Date Photo Taken 2008|
Uploaded 23/12/2008 17:13:26
Map Latitude 51.09249585540351 : Longitude -1.6482603549957275
On the Map
View Exif Data
Original Media Location: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre
|When the small church of St. John the Baptist opened as a chapel of ease on Winterslow Common in 1860, the building was used as a school on weekdays.|
The Churchwardenâ€™s accounts for the building works survive, as do those for the building of a new Infantsâ€™ School on the Common between 1877 and 1879. Little further information survives in relation to the operation of the schools.
Comment on the Photo
You can add a relevant comment on this multimedia item - please complete all fields
All comments will be moderated and will be displayed on this page if approved
Note: This is a history site and we have no connection with the school, church, etc. that the multimedia item relates to
For general feedback, comments or questions not relating to this multimedia item, please use this form.