If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

School Search Results

There were 1 items found.

Devizes - St. Peter's Church of England Aided School, Devize

The school was opened in 1870 in a building to the south of the church. In 1893 the attendance was 66 and the school was enlaged. By 1899 there were 200 pupils and in the early 20th century the school was split into two departments, mixed juniors and infants. In 1908 there were 129 juniors and 88 infants. The buildings were enlarged again in 1911/12. By 1950 there wwas a total of 208 pupils and aided status was granted in 1951.

The school then became known as St. Peter's Church of England Aided School. In 1955 there were 203 children on the roll. After the closure of the Grammar School in 1969 St.Peter's was able to use part of the buildings. In January 1973 there were 233 pupils and the figure in 2002 is 278.
 

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN