If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Timeline for Date 1838

There were 9 items found.


Calne 1838 The Quaker meeting house in Wood Street is rebuilt
Chippenham 1838 The National Schools (St. Andrew's) built in the parish churchyard
Melksham 1838 Christ Church at Shaw is built
Minety 1838 Paupers began to be sent to the union workhouse in Malmesbury
Purton 1838 Cricklade and Wootton Bassett Union School in existence
Ramsbury 1838 Organ given to Holy Cross Church by Miss Read
Westbury 1838 Working Men's Association founded
Wilton 1838 Mrs Sidney (Lady Georgina) Herbert's Church of England School for Girls (later known as Wilton Park School) opened in buildings in the grounds of Wilton House to clothe and educate 35 poor girls
Wootton Bassett 1838 The Primitive Methodist Chapel, later to be known as Hillside Chapel, is rebuilt on the same site as the earlier converted chapel

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN