If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Timeline for Date 1844

There were 8 items found.


Aldbourne 1844 Wesleyan Methodist chapel built in Lottage Road replacing the earlier chapel
Chippenham 1844 British School opens in Ladd's Lane (moves to Wood's Lane in 1856)
Marlborough 1844 The Marlborough Reading and Mutual Improvement Society formed; agricultural machinery is being manufactured in the town; there are 7 cheese factors in the town
Minety 1844 Railway line and station become part of the Great Western Railway; Minety transferred to the Malmesbury hundred
Purton 1844 Licensee of the Bell inn at Purton Stoke prosecuted for keeping a disorderly house
Sherston 1844 British Schoolrooms opened in Back Street
Westbury 1844 British Girl's School in Lower Road opened
Wilton 1844 Church of St. Mary and St. Nicholas in West Street built on the site of an earlier church of St. Nicholas replacing the Church of St. Mary, Brede Street as the parish church of Wilton

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN