If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Timeline for Date 1882

There were 7 items found.

Calne 1882 Water supplied to the town from a reservoir built at Calstone; the Market House on Market Hill is demolished
Chippenham 1882 The great flood puts out the fires at the gas works and flood houses in Foghamshire
Corsham 1882 Market Hall partly rebuilt and becomes the Town Hall
Cricklade 1882 The National School becomes a boy's only school and the girls are transferred to St. Mary's National School
Great Somerford 1882 Reading room becomes a chapel : Volunteer Inn opened : small parts of the parish transferred to Little Somerford and Malmesbury
Purton 1882 Wesleyan Methodist chapel at Play Close demolished and new chapel built on the site
Westbury 1882 First recorded mention of the Horse and Groom inn



This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
BA14 8JN