If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Timeline for Date 1898

There were 8 items found.


Marlborough 1898 Police Station built in George Lane
Melksham 1898 Spencer & Co. Engineering Works established at the corner of Bath Road and Union Street; National Telephone Co. provides a telephone service
Minety 1898 Extra classroom was added to Silver Street School
Pewsey 1898 Pewsey carnival (the oldest carnival in Wiltshire) first held to raise funds for Savernake Hospital
Pewsey 1898-1899 Malthouse in River Street converted to a village hall and named the Bouverie Hall after the rector Bertrand Pleydell-Bouverie
Purton 1898 Purton Stoke School built; Purton brick works built by Charles Plummer; Purton Football Club in existence
Wilton 1898 By this time the Quaker's meeting house has moved to South Street; the Post Office is in Kingsbury Square
Wootton Bassett 1898 The Richard Jones charity provides scholarships for Wootton Bassett scholars to attend Swindon Technical School

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN