If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Timeline for Date 1937

There were 9 items found.


Aldbourne 1937 Women's Institute erect a seat near the Old Rectory in commemoration of the coronation of King George VI
Corsham 1937 A gas-mask factory opened in the old Pickwick School premises
Cricklade 1937 Baptist chapel closed
Hullavington 1937 R.A.F. Hullavington opened with many farms lost to the airfield; No. 9 Flying Training School moves here from R.A.F. Thornby
Marlborough 1937 County branch library opened on the Green; new swimming baths opened; Wingrove & Edge Ltd. established as a sheepskin tannery in Angel Yard; first Roman Catholic chapel established in Elcot Lane
Minety 1937 Mains water connected to Minety
Pewsey 1937 A new white horse is cut on Pewsey Hill to commemorate the coronation of King George VI
Ramsbury 1937 The water pump in the Square is in a dangerous condition and is removed
Wiltshire 1937 The present white horse at Pewsey cut to commemorate the coronation of George VI

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN