If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Timeline for Date 1946

There were 8 items found.


Amesbury 1946 Bells in the church of St. Mary and St. Melor increased to eight
Corsham 1946 Bath Academy of Art established at Corsham Court: electric street lights replace gas lights in the town again
Cricklade 1946 Prior Park Preparatory School, run by the Christian Brothers, opened in the Manor House in Calcutt Street
Marlborough 1946 Winston Churchill accepted the Freedom of Marlborough; Marlborough Secondary Modern School opened on Marlborough Common; T.H. White Ltd acquire the agricultural engineering business originally started in 1870 by T.Pope
Pewsey 1946 Workhouse renamed Pewsey Mental Hospital; North Street car park, the first official car parking spaces in Pewsey, built
Purton 1946 The Parish Council purchase the Red House as a war memorial and village centre
Ramsbury 1946-1967 Local pottery industry in the village
Ramsbury 1946 Gas first supplied to the village; underground stove at Holy Cross Church replaced

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN