If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Timeline for Date 1955

There were 11 items found.


Broughton Gifford 1955 Wooden railway halt closes.
Calne 1955 The nonconformist cemetery in Curzon Street is given to Calne Borough Council and renamed Calne municipal cemetery; the part of Bowood House known as the Big House is demolished
Corsham 1955 Corsham Secondary Modern School opened
Cricklade 1955-1984 Former Baptist church in Calcutt Street becomes St. Augustine's Roman Catholic church
Cricklade 1955 Blakehill County School closed
Hullavington 1955 Wellington Close is built between The Street and the airfield to house R.A.F. workers and featured 94 new houses
Marlborough 1955-1957 Major restoration work carried out to St. Mary's church
Purton 1955 St. Mary's school gains voluntary controlled status
Ramsbury 1955 RAF airfield returned to private use
Westbury 1955 Stafford Brown Almshouses now in disuse and sold off
Wilton 1955 Wilton North railway station closed to passenger traffic

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN