If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Wiltshire Community History

Timeline for Date 1959

There were 8 items found.


Chippenham 1959 The present post Office built; a pedestrian bridge built across river; Secondary Modern School for Boys opens at Hardenhuish (later Sheldon)
Cricklade 1959 Cricklade Church of England Controlled School for children aged 5 to 11 years built in Bath Road
Keevil 1959 The Rose and Crown closes
Marlborough 1959 New Roman Catholic Church built in George Lane
Pewsey 1959 New police station and 2 police houses built; branch of the County Library opened in a shop in High Street
Ramsbury 1959 Gas street lamps in Axford converted to electricity
Westbury 1959 Sewage works modernised; Newtown Boy's School closed; Laverton County Infants' School moved to premises at All Saints Church vacated by Newtown Boy's School; Westbury Church of England Junior School moves to a new building in Oldfield Park
Wootton Bassett 1959 Wiltshire United Daires Ltd merges with Cow & Gate Company to form Unigate Creameries Ltd

Actions

Search

This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
BA14 8JN