Wiltshire Community History
This section contains images of photographs, videos, music scores, prints maps, plans and documents. The Multimedia is divided into the following categories:
- Author - Pictures of writers connected with Wiltshire.
- Building - Any building of architectural or local historic interest, other than a church, chapel or school.
- Church - Churches, chapels, mission halls and preaching crosses in Wiltshire.
- Drawing - Includes plans and prints, but plans and prints of churches and schools will be found under those headings.
- Farming - Farming practice and agricultural life in Wiltshire.
- General - Includes, landscapes, street scenes, general views of towns and villages, trades and transport.
- History - Includes images relating to the history of Wiltshire such as Stonehenge, railway and canal building, market crosses abbeys, and war memorials.
- Map - These will normally be parish maps from the 1773 and 1810 Maps of Wiltshire by Andrews and Dury or our specially created parish maps, where modern civil parish boundaries have been superimposed on a map of 1896.
- School - These include pictures of schools, early 19th century plans and documents relating to school life.
The Multimedia covers the period from the 17th century to the present, with many of the modern ones being in colour. All images are displayed as thumbnails and can be enlarged to full screen size by a left click with the mouse.
The location of all The multimedia is shown. Most are held in the Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre. It may be possible to obtain copies, please enquire about this on firstname.lastname@example.org